Welcome to our guide to all things Chessington World of Adventures! Join us as we delve into all aspects of this fantastic Resort Theme Park. From the wonderful animals, the thrilling rides and the resort hotels. We’ll be covering it all in detail. Whilst some things may not be here yet, all will be here soon!

Our guide will be ever-growing, so be sure to check back often for all of the latest updates!

Theme Park

Chessington World of Adventures Resort was one of the pioneering parks in the UK’s theme park industry. Being one of the very first in the country to be built upon a foundation of theming, theatricality and an impressive selection of immersive rides. The development of this park in the ’90s was one of brilliance. Growing from a failing zoo into one of the UK’s most loved theme parks.

Paving the way for the rapid growth of the Tussauds group, the profits, ideas and people involved with the initial developments at Chessington then went off to work on other projects. Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and some of the other UK theme parks owe a lot to the ideas of Chessington. This special little park helped shape the UK theme park industry as we know it. Discover more about the Chessington World of Adventures in our in-depth Theme Park guide below.

More information about the park’s history will be coming soon with our work-in-progress history section. We cannot wait to unveil it!

Chessington Zoo

Chessington Zoo is a year-round animal attraction located within the Chessington World of Adventures theme park. It is a popular destination for families, animal enthusiasts and visitors of all ages. The zoo first opened in 1931, as a small collection of animals owned by R.S. Goddard, and has since evolved into a thriving and well-respected zoo.

Chessington Zoo is a fantastic destination for anyone interested in animals and wildlife. With its diverse range of species, informative exhibits, and exciting rides and attractions, there is something for everyone to enjoy.

Helpful Information

Chessington really is a ‘World of Adventures’ and we know that planning a visit can be daunting. Where to eat? How do I get there? What do I do with my baggage? These are questions a lot of people ask! Fear not, we’ve got you covered with our helpful guide to making the most of your day at the park!